Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

Flashback Friday - Around the World and Back Again!




It's Flashback Friday where I pull an adventure from my blog and we relive the journey. Today we're going to do a hop skip across the world and back on our imaginary plane. Fasten your first class seat belt - request your beverage of choice, and we're off! To where you ask or maybe you didn't as you're just happy to go somewhere. With that in mind, we're heading to a few places; scuba diving in Thailand, horseback riding in Cuba and renting a motorbike again, in Cuba. 


First up - Thailand
Scuba Diving - Note to self - Twenty minutes in a pool does not prepare one for open ocean. On the upside, just because you think you're going to drown, doesn't mean you will. And that was before I got there - swimming against the waves along the width of a boat meant for open water (large) was no fun - I finally put that snorkel to good use and did the old paddle with your face in the water trick I'd do as a kid.  Then there was the actual going under, way under and staying there. Yes, open ocean was a bit traumatic to begin with but it all worked out in the end. 


Moving on to Cuba:
Horses - taking pictures on a moving horse - not recommended! There's something about balance, stirrups, height and creature with a will of its own that doesn't really transpose well for a city bred person. No, I didn't fall off but every time I tried to take a picture the horse would start walking and I had to concentrate on staying on and forget the picture. The horse finally won. And the only pictures I got were, off the horse! 
Motorbike Rental - when you question the notice "No brakes" and and are told, "That's okay." Maybe its not! It's really not that hard to take out the side of a third world house. Or for that matter, come close! It took a last minute swerve to clear the back half of someone's hut. I sure hope they weren't looking out!

And that's memories of past trips. Things to remember for future - when getting on a plane is actually something we all might consider.




Stay safe - take care!


Ryshia
   ...a world you never imagined!      

The Dead Sea, a tourist and a whole other  story!



Check out my latest release:  The Tears We Never Cried

Don't miss a thing - Sign up for my newsletter The Walkabout!         


Follow me on:

Bookbub        Instagram      Twitter:  @ryshiakennie     Facebook

No comments: