Pages

Friday, July 17, 2020

Flash Back Friday - Out of the Comfort Zone and Over the Edge

Today we're going to head over to Thailand. On this imaginary trip I thought we'd book again book that private jet. Might as well have the elite of trips, after all, in the land of fiction, money is no object.

While that part of the trip is fiction, what happened next, what follows, was real - a handful of years ago. Welcome to Flashback Friday!

Yesterday was a scuba diving adventure. The first time in scuba gear since certification four years ago. Although it seemed like I had forgotten everything, it all came back. Let me say that scuba diving was not on the top of my list of things to do. With only four dives under my belt I may be certified but still a beginner. But I'm so glad I didn't listen to that little voice that screeched something about remaining comfortable, dry and on shore. Instead, I stepped off that boat and dived into another world that I thought I had long forgotten. But how could you forget such sights.


Sting rays scurry for cover. Jelly fish float with delicate tentacles that bob in an undersea exotic dance. Sea urchins waft in silent currents. Cliffs of red and orange and blue hued coral undulate in hills across the sands. Brightly coloured anemone harmonize with the urchins and schools of fish flit here and there. A sucker fish follows, biting one of the divers as he cleans off anything that may have lodged on our equipment. An hour and a half under water will be part of this trip that I'll long remember.


















Take one step out of your comfort zone - you'll be glad you did.



Ryshia
   ...a world you never imagined!      

The Dead Sea, a tourist and a whole other  story!



Check out my latest release:  The Tears We Never Cried

Don't miss a thing - Sign up for my newsletter The Walkabout!         


Follow me on:

Bookbub        Instagram      Twitter:  @ryshiakennie     Facebook

No comments: