Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Flashback Friday - Three Countries - One Day

It's Flashback Friday, a day for nostalgia on my part as I mine my blog for trips of the past. Trips that I hope to maybe make again - in the future. Of course there's a whole world out there. We'll see. Looking forward to the time when I can do these posts real time. For now - let's enjoy an adventure to China via Thailand - via Cambodia
China is not the tropics but Beijing is a fantastic place. Big thanks to our guide, Monica!



Tuk tuk driver who took us through the Hutong in Beijing.




China without the Great Wall - Not!




The title was tough tonight, I debated calling it finally pictures - Yahoo! Today was a short jaunt but long in paperwork. We went through two immigration points and two departure gates. I have cramped fingers from filling out form after form after form. China, Thailand, Cambodia - and now here I am in Siem Reap, Cambodia the home of Angkor Wat. In the four years since I was last here Siem Reap has changed from a sleepy little town to one where tour buses rumble through the streets and mega hotels are edging the perimeter. Within its core it is still small but the traffic is noticeably heavier and things are definitely changing. I haven't seen Angkor Wat yet - that's for tomorrow. I can hardly wait after four years and many more months following my characters in "Tall, Dark and Exotic" through Cambodia.


In a day and a half we are off to Myanmar - I think. The transfers at the airline look a little tight but we'll see - travel is always an adventure and it's more fun if you freelance.

Til next time!


                                                                                Ryshia



...a world you never imagined!

Don't miss a thing - Sign up for my newsletter The Walkabout!

The Dead Sea, a tourist - my book - and a whole other  story!

Looking for book news? - follow me on:

 Bookbub  

Twitter:  @ryshiakennie

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Author.RyshiaKennie

No comments: