Pages

Friday, November 20, 2020

Flashback Friday - Don't Travel Quietly


Today is Flashback Friday and it's a different kind of trip, a trip back in time to a prairie summer where there was a different kind of uninvited house guest. Ironically, that house guest is still here but these were the beginnings....

    Squirrels


Dozens of squirrels.  I love the little guys.  They're entertaining and harmless except for a dug up flower pot or two.  And I'm an ardent defender of their right to share my backyard space.  Not everyone thinks that way and I have to admit that even I have resorted to a little hot pepper sprinkled around a pot or two to keep them from digging up flowers.

Maybe that was why they dug up the Habanero pepper I had growing in a little pot on the deck and took away the evidence so there was nothing to even replant.  I do believe they have a sense of humour.  If nothing else, they're letting it be known that they were here.  Still, it was rather ironic when after years of falling apart public sidewalks on our street, on the eve of getting new concrete I say, "No one better engrave their initials or hand print etc., etc. into the fresh concrete. 

It wasn't long after when I discovered these tiny little paw tracks immortalized for all time in the new concrete.  There was nothing I could do but laugh - this was a squirrel I wouldn't forget!

Something to remember as we travel through life - don't travel quietly, at least not all the time.  Let people know now and again that you've been here. Hope you enjoyed this virtual trip back into time - have a great Friday!


Ryshia

...a world you never imagined!


Book news? - follow me on Bookbub                                                   

                                                         Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ryshiakennie/
                                                                              Twitter:  @ryshiakennie
                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Author.RyshiaKennie/   




Don't miss a thing - Sign up for my newsletter The Walkabout!

The Dead Sea, a tourist and a whole other  story!

                                                       



Latest release:  The Tears We Never Cried




No comments: