Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Out of the Blue

Yesterday I discovered a new author. Well, not exactly a new author, just new to me. She's been around long enough to make the shelves of a local drugstore. And let me tell you it's a small shelf so we're talking the bestsellers and just a few others. She was one of the others. The cover got me right off and following my new book purchasing policy I read more of the middle pages than I did the beginning. And then I could hardly wait to get that book to the cash register and home. The sentences were tight, the prose was beautiful and the story line intriguing. I think I found a gem.

And with our days finally lengthening, that means I can hunker down with the latest read and not turn the lights on until at least five.


Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

No comments: