Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Spring Brings - Writing and Writing Awards

Summer flowers - not quite - but May is here and with that, the promise of summer is around the corner. It's a great month to receive... well, - good news.


My news? I placed in my city's writing award! That meant I had to emerge from my "writer's cave" aka "basement office" to attend the festivities just last week. Besides meeting some great people and reconnecting with others, I received a plaque and a bag of cool stuff including a  sweet little notebook that I'm not  sure I dare deface with a pen .


Prizes and awards aside - I was able to speak with other writers  including a young aspiring writer. That was conversation was incredibly  inspiring,  for it took me back to my teenage years when all I wanted to do was write but I didn't know what.  That long ago dream never left and in the years that followed, it has taken me on an interesting journey. It's a journey where the road still stretches into an unknown horizon.  I'm expecting that there will be a lot more curves in that road that may not resemble those I've already navigated. 


What I know is, writing isn't a race that you win but it is a  journey that you take your readers along on. So let the stories go on.


I'd like to say that's it for May excitement but we're only mid-way through. Who knows what might happen next.


Stay tuned - till next time!



Ryshia

No comments: