Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Eat My Exhaust

I didn't mean that literally - really, I like all you people who read my blog.  I'd say love but that may be too strong a word for people with whom I have yet to have a face to face meeting.  It's the weather who "Eat My Exhaust" is really targeting.  Why?  It's just that today it's freezing cold - not scary cold, just bordering on that.  Now for all of you from cold climes you know what I mean.  There's the point where you can see the cold in the air and it's awful uncomfortable to be outside too long and then there's cold that goes one step further into the land of scary cold.  Kind of like strong wind - hurricane. 

The day began at -30 celsius that's -22 for all you farenheit lovers.  Either way it feels like -43 c or so the weather channel assures me.  I'm taking their word for it and the furthest I'm venturing is the visitor side of the departure lounge in the airport.  I'd pay money to be on the other side of that line - the one where I was actually going somewhere.  Wait, that's right!  Eureka all I need to do is fork out some money get a ticket and head out.  Instead I'll be heading home to put on extra layers.  But in the meantime I'm having a virtual trip.

It all started, pre-airport run, with an urgent discussion about a backpack that wouldn't close.  Ah, the horrors of travel, you want to take it all but soon discover that lugging all that stuff through airports, hotels and transport of all sorts; well, it's just not practical.  So with scaled down luggage we headed with said traveler to the airport.

Did I mention I love the airport?  The hustle and bustle - the mystery of trips about to begin and the exhausted yet completed feel of trips that have just ended. 

Then, of course there's the security line and while it's annoying, sometimes I actually like it.  Why?  Well, there's stories hanging out there, yes even amidst the frustrated and disgruntled passengers that have maybe been in line too long and on one flight too many.  There's characters too - I mean really, is that shifty looking man clutching his carry on a little too tightly because he's clutching the evidence of the money he's stolen from the small firm he worked for or because he has an even darker intent?  And if the latter is the case, will security screens catch him or - is he smarter than that.  How far will security go as they strip one more article off that sullen looking teenager?  And what do they suspect? 

Ah - yes, I hear it, the rattling of another story as my outrageous imagination defies logic and trips on ahead of itself.  That's what I love about airports.  There are stories everywhere.  In fact, I'm thinking one day I'll just pack a lunch and hang out for the day.  Okay - or not.  But it wasn't a horrible thought.  Slightly eccentric I admit but I'm betting not boring, not for one minute.

Meantime it's bon voyage to someone who'll be setting foot in Cairo as a new day dawns over here.

And me - well tomorrow I heard the sun will be shining in a brilliant blue sky and the temperature?  I'll get back to you come spring. 


Any trips in your future - or would you like to pack a lunch and join me at the airport?

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy you because of your whole effort on this site. Betty really likes managing research and its really simple to grasp why. A number of us hear all of the dynamic manner you give both useful and interesting tactics through the blog and as well as strongly encourage contribution from some others about this subject matter plus our favorite girl is actually discovering a lot of things. Have fun with the rest of the new year. You are always carrying out a really good job.

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I love your blog
vestido noivasvestidos de casamento