Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

It Was All Too Much - For the Christmas Socks!

My Christmas socks have survived many Christmases and are my second favourite pair of socks next to my Halloween socks.  And then it happened...


Christmas day started fine with a visit to my fave aunt.  And it continued right through an afternoon visit with another group of family - then, move on to the evening, and another family group.  Yes, three houses - one day, no one said Christmas was for the faint of heart!  But it's all fun.  At least it was right through Christmas supper and into that first game of pool and then, well, then the Christmas socks met a fate they didn't expect.

A plumbing nightmare - on Christmas night, is, while not worst case scenario - it's sure up there.  Sewer backups are not what anyone wants to think about.  In fact, it definitely puts a bit of a damper on the ho ho ho.  More like yuk yuk yuk.  And as far as a family bonding experience, I wouldn't recommend it.  But we survived the night - but first we put the plumber in the phoning queue.

Sadly, I have to report - the socks did not, survive - it was just all, too much. 

Hope your holidays are holding up a tad better than my socks!

And the New Year's Blog Hop - is only days away...
Tons of blog give aways and I'll be announcing with tomorrow's what this blog's prize will be!


Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the socks. Bet you scrubbed your feet for hours.

Ryshia Kennie said...

I did - and you know it didn't help much. It's just the thought...