Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pry My Hands From the Keyboard - Now!


Today I should not be at the keyboard.  You know one of those days when you try to catch up on that boring admin stuff and all you make is piddly, stupid little errors.  It doesn't matter how many cups of coffee I drink, the errors continue.  Little things that mean a lot.  You know the days when you know it's the month of July but your fingers insist on typing June?  When your brain insists that it's the 12th of July even though your computer is burning a hole in your screen with the actual date - July 13. 

What's with that?  Could it be that yesterday I declared that if today was hot it would be a vacation day?  Today is hot!

And here I sit at the computer preparing a post for tomorrow which is a visit by an author on a book tour.  Note:  this isn't one of the boring admin duties to which I referred.  I actually love doing this!  It's fun for me and helpful to other authors - everyone wins.  So, in case you haven't caught what's going on tomorrow, I'm featuring author Terri Reed and her latest, "The Innocent Witness."  Which, I'm sorry Terri, but I managed to post that as The Silent Witness" and couldn't get that name out of my head.  I've corrected that now - another case of, it's one of those days. 

One of those days - why now?  - why today? 

I'm sensing my subconscious at play here demanding that promised vacation and playing havoc with my fingers' connection to my brain.  Ah well, as far as tomorrow's visit, everything is posted correctly and ready to go. 

Now I'm looking at the mailing list update for my newsletter and thinking - nope, opening an excel spreadsheet right now would be fatal.  Who knows who I might be sending an e-mail to.  Even my computer seems to be a little off its game as it spins one unresponsive script after another.  And I gave up research on the current WIP a few hours ago.

What do you do on one of those days?   Me, I think I'm raiding the fridge for an early lunch and heading out into the sunshine.  I've created enough havoc for one day.  Fortunately, so far it's all been correctable.

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

13 comments:

Teresa said...

Welcome back to the "chaos"!!

Ryshia Kennie said...

Maybe your right, the chaos never ended, just mutated into "one of those days."

Dobie said...

Welcome back!!

Ryshia Kennie said...

Dobie - thanks and Chaos or not - no escape with the early lunch which turned out to be everything I shouldn't eat!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say i have never heard of you before, but after reading your blog, i am SO.....wanting to read your books,I MUST get my hands of one of them,can't wait.

Ryshia Kennie said...

Anonymous - that's the best compliment I've had all week. Thanks - hope you stick around and comment again. Maybe let me know when you finish one of my books.

hotcha12 said...

HI RYSHIA, I SIGNED UP FOR TERRI! I CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR BOOKS!

Ryshia Kennie said...

Hi Hotcha - glad to see you here. Enjoy the stories!!

hotcha12 said...

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL AND STAY COOL!!

Ryshia Kennie said...

Hope you had a good weekend Hotcha! Ours was cool and warm today - good all round. Hope yours was too!

hotcha12 said...

THE INNOCENT WITNESS SOUNDS AWESOME TERRI

hotcha12 said...

IT'S NOT HOT AS IT HAS BEEN, ONLY 98 NOW IN ST. LOUIS.

HEY IS THE CONTEST OVER NOW? WON WHO?

Ryshia Kennie said...

98! Hotcha12 - now that's shut everything down kind of weather and head for the beach.
Meantime, can you send me your e-mail to ryshia@ryshiakennie.com. Have some news for you.