Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

What's in a Name


"What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet." William Shakespeare

Shakespeare said it all those many years ago but is it true? Now I'm not one to argue with Shakespeare, at least not usually. But I have to take issue with the name. Names are important. At least I find that so with fictional characters. A name encompasses a personality. It is sometimes your first idea of what that character is all about.

A hero called Jamie or one called Rhett - is there a difference? What's your first perception? Yes, I know many of us have gone through life with names that might not be quite to our liking. Did it change us? Maybe, maybe not.
7
4
I've been dabbling in numerology lately - and if the numbers are any indication, names matter. Not that I'm saying I take numbers seriously but I'm not discounting them either.
5
8

What I do know for sure is that if I name my hero or heroine wrong they will walk around in one-dimensional cardboard until I get it right. In fact the latest hero did just that!
9
3

Do names matter?
1
Ryshia

www.ryshiakennie.com




No comments: