Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Luck Charms

When I was a child I remember stepping over sidewalk cracks or there would be bad luck. But I don't remember having good luck charms. As an adult I have a few. There's the jade bamboo that jingles with the Burmese bells on my phone. There of course - for luck. The pendant that dangles over my office doorway, bought on New Years in Beijing with symbols reflecting - good luck of course. I have a small but growing collection that seem to be one part good luck charm and one part momentos of past trips.

There's the laughing Buddha - no not the funky Buddha, and while not exactly lucky he just brings back happy memories of a moment in Bangkok. Of course, I'm not 100% sure that he's not lucky...

Do you have lucky charms or do you prefer to make your own luck?

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

Coming to bookstores soon - Ring of Desire, 2009

A medieval fantasy steeped in history. A heroine faced with the
ultimate choice, immortality or mortal love.

No comments: