Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I Couldn't Resist

The tick infestation has settled down and I'm not venturing far from the city, at least for the next little while. Turns out I'm more city than I'd ever admit to before. Don't get me wrong. I still love the country, just in small doses, at least during tick season. And my dog, well he's not even a little country!

So today's journey took me through a downtown mall where I found another author doing a book signing.


I couldn't resist.

I had to stop.

It didn't matter that I'd never heard of him or his book. Here was a fellow human being on the same path, following the same dream. I couldn't not stop.

And what a great discussion we had! I left with that rejuvenated feeling you get when you talk to someone who shares a passion and, of course, his book under my arm. So from one writer to another - happy trails - in ink!



What can't you resist?


Ryshia

No comments: