Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dreams, Life and an Edge

It was a journey made for prime time TV. A journey into someone else's reality, a window into their dream.

The battle of the Davids is over. That's American Idol and yes, I can't help myself, I watched the whole thing. But it's inspirational even if some of the contestants really would be better off as Cabaret singers as Simon so sweetly says. But for someone who can't sing at all, I find all the contestants amazing and all talented, even those that Simon bad mouthed.

But between the two Davids, well I'm glad it was David Cook. Because it really wasn't so much about the singing as the desire to reach a dream and it burned brighter in David C. His passion was intense, edgy and some nights it took your breath away. Every season it's the desire and passion for a dream that reflects so deeply in the contestants that brings me back. It's a weekly reminder. A reminder to peel back the layers of every day life and expose the dream's raw edge and make this life journey that much more vibrant.



Ryshia



“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”

James Dean

No comments: