Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where Are My Flip Flops?

Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's because here it is February and I've already been somewhere warm, I don't know what the reason is but I'm dragging. My energy level is zip. Usually February is the month to get out of Dodge and travel the world or at least a new piece of the world, maybe that's why the winter blahs have set in so quickly. Here it is February 3, I've been back from Asia for exactly 13 days. In that time there was a stretch of extremely cold weather followed by blizzard conditions. Is that why a good book and my couch are becoming more and more attractive? I'm not usually a lazy person but continuous cold weather, well it's draining. On the upside, the last few days have been almost balmy. Today was -16.







And despite the lack of flip flop weather conditions, even the near blizzard was considered an opportunity for just a little fun for Rourke. If it's going to snow you might as well dive in head first!




To divert my thoughts from weather issues, and just for the fun of it, I entered Nathan Bransford's first page contest. While the first page of "Tall, Dark and Exotic" didn't win, it was still fun and there's voting going on for the six that were picked. Drop on over and cast your vote at Nathan's blog. Take a look - there's an eclectic mix of genres and styles that makes for an interesting read and with over 600 entries you could be reading for awhile. Here's the link: http://nathanbransford.blogspot.com/2008/01/surprisingly-essential-first-page.html



But I still ask - where are my flip flops?






Ryshia







No comments: