Pages

Monday, July 22, 2019

Day 1 in New York - Not Quite!



Heading to New York. It’s a place I’ve never been. So as the prairies trail behind us I look forward to what’s ahead.

I never expected this...

Day 1 didn’t work out quite the way I imagined nor how the itinerary outlined. Flight from Regina to
Toronto went without a hitch. In Toronto we boarded as a flight delay was announced.

Brief delay they promised.

That delay extended to a three hour wait on the tarmac.

 Flight delays morphed into cancellation.

New York will have to wait, at least for tonight.  Instead, we passed through customs twice without ever leaving the country. Then it was off to find our bags and figure out flight alternatives without an airline rep anywhere in sight.  So with no airline support there was a plane load of not too happy travellers.  

One good sleep later and we’re going to try this again in a few hours. Good thing I have a kindle full of good books because it’s a few hours yet before takeoff.

It’s a new day - New York here I come.


Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

                                                        ...a world you never imagined!

Keep up with it all:
News, giveaways and a bit of fun! Sign up for my newsletter The Walkabout



                                                         This gentleman posed with Ring of Desire in the Dead Sea.

No comments: